Dharma Circle – Karma, Reincarnation and Rebirth
Topic: Karma, Reincarnation and Rebirth
Date: Friday, 25 March 2011
Venue: YIH Training Room 3
Speaker: Venerable Chuan Guan
Please contact Johan at email@example.com to register for free complimentary dinner.
Main points that will be touched
– What are their definitions
– 10 diff sources that the Buddha mentioned in Kalama Sutta
– Underlying impact of Karma to our moral behavior, how to relate Karma to our moral behavior (how Karma is related to our daily life)
– Whether to believe in Rebirth or not
– Linking Karma, Reincarnation and Rebirth
– Concept of soul: What is soul?(link to reincarnation and rebirth)
– Law of causality
– Difference between Reincarnation and Rebirth
Venerable Chuan Guan was ordained under Master MiuKing (Master MiaoJing) in 2002 (higher ordination in 2003) and began his monastic training in Fa Yun Monastery (New Mexico, United States), learning the sutras and practised meditation under the Mahayana Buddhist tradition while studying the Theravadin Pali Canon. Returning to Singapore in 2006, he continued his training in Kong Meng San Phor Kark See Monastery under till 2009.
Since 2009, he is resident in the Buddhist Library while giving Dharma and meditation classes at the library and various Buddhist
organisations. Online, he reaches out to the Buddhist community via his blog at www.buddhavacana.net, facebook & twitter. He received his degree in Computer Engineering from Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and worked in the IT industry prior to monkhood.