Robes and Books Offering 供袈裟与赠书仪式
Robes offering is an annual event in the Buddhist tradition. Monks during the 4 months of rainy season spend more time in temples and attend to lay devotees by teaching the Dhamma and helping them to practise meditation.
At the end of the season, in order to show their appreciation and to give thanks, lay devotees would choose one day to gather at temples to offer robes to the monks.
The Saffron robe symbolises monkhood and renunciation from worldly life. On the other hand, a robe is also one of the 4 requisites essential to monks in their daily lives. So robe offering is a great meritorious deed a lay Buddhist can do.
In the Buddhist Library, this tradition is observed and kept alive as one of our annual events.
- 10.00am – 10.30am: Puja & Chanting诵经法会
- 10.30am – 11.30am: Dhamma
- 11.30am: Dana for Mahasangha 供僧
- 11.45am: Lunch for participants 午餐
- 7.00pm: Arrival of participants 信众抵达
- 7.30pm: Arrival of the Mahasangha & Commencement of Puja 僧团抵达及法会开始
- 8.00pm – 8.15pm: Dhamma talk 佛理开示
- 8.15pm – 9.00pm: Robes Offering and Book Presentation 供袈裟与赠书
- 9.00pm – 9.15pm: Blessings by Mahasangha 僧团祈福
- 9.15pm – 9.30pm: Light refreshment 茶点招待
The Buddhist Library